So here a summary of the lessons learned so far in the front panel upgrade.
- Don't lose you notebook with your wiring diagrams and front panel designs. You will need them again sooner or later.
- Never use a step drill to get a hole to final size - drill undersize and do final sizing with a manual reaming tool. This give more control over the final size and ensures a better fit.
- When printing a panel to use existing holes print one print a test fit one that is just few layers thick to avoid wasting time and PLA material as the holes may not be where intended.
- When designing a panel bear in mind if the design needs to be mirrored to get it to be the right way round when printing it.
- Use some panel designing software?